Now through the end of August 2020, I will be offering the documents ALL 18+ year-olds (regardless of what they are doing after high school) need for just $70: Healthcare Power of Attorney, Living Will, Mental Healthcare Power of Attorney, Durable Financial Power of Attorney and a separate HIPPA (if needed). I normally charge $275+ for these documents but especially during the time of this pandemic I want to do my part to be sure EVERY college aged kid out there has these.
Each Summer, thousands of kids in the Valley graduate from high school and plan to head off to college or trade school in the Fall. Facebook lit up over the last few months with discussions about Dorm Life, laptops, and all kind of advice for outgoing seniors/incoming freshman. The one major “to do” that I rarely saw, was folks discussing getting Estate Planning Documents completed.
I know. XL sheets, shower caddies, mini appliances and other “dorm ready” items are very necessary, practical and are integral to day-to-day life, but I promise you a Durable Financial Power of Attorney, Healthcare Power of Attorney with a Living Will, Mental Healthcare Power of Attorney and optional HIPPA Release are even more so (maybe just not as fun). One very important reason is that once your son or daughter turns 18, they are considered an adult and your parental rights will be very limited. Your ability to be involved in their financial and medical choices will be curtailed.
I want to make learning about these documents easy and purchasing them as cost effective as possible, especially because I know there are many resources out there for the healthcare docs.
Why spend $70 when most of these documents (Durable Financial Power of Attorney, Healthcare Power of Attorney with a Living Will, Mental Healthcare Power of Attorney and optional HIPPA Release) are offered for free or by other firms for as low as $35?
- You will get my expertise. I walk you through each and every document — just as an example, the actual forms from AZ state start on page 6 of the packet. I will help you go through and understand what you are signing because it is quite a bit of “dense reading.”
- You get to include both parents. The current forms from the state only recognize one parent and an alternate. If two parents want to be recognized, it gets complicated.
- You get the documents properly witnessed. There are very strict rules about who can witness these documents and I have seen them witnessed improperly in the past, which causes problems.
- You get a notary. In addition to the witness, they must be properly notarized, which is an additional person and expense.
- You get my expertise when it comes to the Living Will. Frankly, the Living Will is very hard to navigate on ones own and it can be a tough topic — sometimes discussing it with someone can help simplify it and make it easier to complete.
- You get a Financial Power of Attorney at no additional charge. To my knowledge no Financial POA is provided online. This document is very important because if your teen has rent or other bills in his or her name, it will be needed to access those accounts
- Finally I will register your directives with the Arizona Health Care Directives Registry, a free, secure service that allows easy access to your documents if you are hospitalized.
Call the office to book this special through the end of August 2020.